Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
MMMmmm good! When these are done, top with frosting!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt over hot water the chocolate. Remove from heat.
- Sift together and set aside the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend cream cheese and shortening.
- Add gradually the sugar.
- Beat in, one at a time, 2 eggs.
- Stir in melted chocolate and food coloring.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the milk and vanilla.
- Spread in greased and floured 13" x 9" x 2" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and frost top if desired.
- Cut in 2" squares. Yields 24.