Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Taken from "The Simple Art of Perfect Baking" cookbook....This glaze will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, to rewarm just warm the mixture in the microwave until desired texture, it can be rewarmed over and over again...remember, this glaze will thicken as it cools.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa (try to use Dutch processed cocoa powder for this for flavor and colour!)
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan mix together the whipping cream and corn syrup.
- In a bowl sift together the sugar and cocoa powder then add to the cream mixture in the saucepan; stir to combine.
- Add in the butter then warm over very low heat; stirring occasioanlly until the butter is melted and mixed in with the other ingredients.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- The glaze with thicken as it cools.