Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This meatloaf is firm and very flavorful. Leftovers make a great night time snack!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground bulk sausage
- 1 large onion, well chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) box pork stuffing mix
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef base
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 (8 ounce) jars salsa
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- In microwave-safe dish put soup base, onion, green pepper, and garlic with water and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Mix all ingredients together very well except diced tomatoes and the jars of salsa.
- Place the meatloaf mixture in an oven proof baking dish and form into a loaf.
- Pour diced tomatoes and the salsa over top of the meatloaf.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven 1 1/2 hours.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Excellent, best i've ever tasted