- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raw quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, do not drain
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrots or 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 3 -4 teaspoons skim milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups withe paper baking cups or lightly grease bottom only of pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and raisins; mix well.
- Add combined pineapple, including the juice, carrots, milk, oil and egg; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let muffins stand a few minutes, remove from pan.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- For glaze: combine sugar and milk and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle evenly over muffins.