1/2 Photos of Glorious Morning Muffins
This recipe came from a good friend at work. Great for those of us who need a little more fiber in our diets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raw quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, do not drain
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots or 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line 12 medium muffin cups withe paper baking cups or lightly grease bottom only of pan.
- 3Combine dry ingredients and raisins; mix well.
- 4Add combined pineapple, including the juice, carrots, milk, oil and egg; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Fill muffin cups almost full.
- 6Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Let muffins stand a few minutes, remove from pan.
- 8Cool 10 minutes.
- 9For glaze: combine sugar and milk and mix until smooth.
- 10Drizzle evenly over muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glorious Morning Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1081 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 166.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g