Recipe by Girl from India
Very easy and delish and quick!!! :)
Top Review by CountryLady
A quick & easy side dish! I scaled the recipe in half, used 1% milk, low fat sour cream & light cream cheese - it still tasted good. I substituted chopped green onions (no chives on hand) & omitted the chilies. Thanx Fay!
- 3 large potatoes (750 g)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 30 g butter or 30 g margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup curds
- 1 (100 g) packet cream cheese, at room temp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh finely chopped chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives (use chopped cilantro and mint chopped instead of the chives for a variation in flavour)
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Place the slices in a pan with water to cover and boil covered for 15 mins ot till the potatoes are cooked.
- Drain and mash.
- Add the milk to moisten them and then the sour cream, cream cheese and salt and pepper till well mixed.
- Sprinkle the chives over and serve.