The perfect summer soup. This receipe is adapted from "James McNair's favorites" (more garlic, the addition of sugar and lemon)... and is very very nice. I was attempting to make enough for a couple of meals but we found this so delicious, we ate all of the would-be left-over's as well. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shallot
- 1 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled seeded,chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine the tomatoes, onion, pepper and cucumber.
- 2Stir in the shallot, garlic, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- 3Use a blender or food processor to puree.
- 4I like this better if it is a bit chunky but puree according to taste.
- 5Pour this mixture into a bowl.
- 6Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- 7Let this mixture sit in the refrigerator for any thing from a couple of hours to a day (better).
- 8When you want to serve it, let it sit out til it reaches room temperature (about half an hour).
- 9Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with toppings.
- 10I like to serve this with cheesy garlic bread.
- 11It is soooo good.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glorious Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (703 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar