Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite. We got it from our church cookbook, from a lady named Patty Meier. It is very easy to make, and it is even something my children love. It is very nice served over rice. It can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated, and baked when ready. I know if you try this, it'll become one of your family's favorites too.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs, mixed with
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- Roll chicken breasts first in the margarine, then in the crumb mixture.
- Place in a 9x13 pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix soup, mushrooms (if desired), water, and sour cream. Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and drizzle on any leftover margarine.
- Bake at 350 for one hour or until done.
Creamy sauce, good parmesan flavor, and with the extra crumbs and margarine on top, I was in chicken heaven. I did use 8 chicken tenders as I didn't have boneless chicken breasts, so the baking time was cut back to 30 minutes. I also made lower fat substitutions as follows: Smart Balance Light instead of margarine, reduced-fat Ritz crackers, 98% Fat-Free Cream of Chicken Soup, and "light" sour cream. Since I don't care for mushrooms and they were optional, I opted out.