Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
My all-time most requested recipe!!! A "must-take" to any potluck at hubby's work or any family get-together. Not for those watching cholesteral by no means!
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans butter beans, drained
- 2 cans lima beans, drained
- 4 jars b&m brand baked beans
- 1 lb bacon, diced (not too lean you need the fat)
- 3 -4 onions
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In large, deep skillet, fry bacon until crisp.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Add onions, vinegar, sugar and seasonings, stir.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all the beans together.
- (I usually use a large throwaway aluminum roaster pan like the turkey size either oval or rectangle that you can also bake in and then throw away).
- Pour hot bacon mixture over beans in pan and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70-80 minutes.
- This freezes well.
Laurie, these are just as good as you said! We liked the 4 different types of beans, and the sauce was wonderful. All of the ingredients harmonized well. It was hearty and robust. Definately a repeat recipe!! Thanks for sharing.
First review I have ever written. This will be the 3rd time I have made these (triple batch every time). I am always asked to make them! Thanx Laurie, a real keeper!