Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert-salad is a blast from the past! It's basically a rice pudding with crushed pineapple, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries. Serve glorified rice as a salad to accompany your holiday meal. It's also a great dish to bring to potlucks or church picnics. Enjoy! Adapted from "Mennonite Girls Can Cook".
- 2 cups cooked white rice (cold)
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- maraschino cherry, to decorate (or slices of fresh pineapple or strawberries)
- Mix rice, pineapple, sugar and marshmallows in a bowl.
- Whip cream with additional sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- Fold into rice mixture.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries or slices of fresh pineapple or strawberries.
- Serves 6-8.
This is a yummy light dessert. The only change I made was to use splenda for the sugar. The taste is so good. Thanks BecR :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game