Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
this was grandma recipe. she used to make this to take to the church buffet dinners. never had any left over. sounds kinda weird with rice in it, but if u try it it will become a family fav.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 20 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Drain juice from the pineapple and the oranges.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let set in fridge for atleast 1 hour before serving.
Sweet memories of Christmas dinner at my grandmothers! My big brother and I tried for soooo many years to remember what was in this treat that was only served at Christmas.Thank you ever so much! and yes,it may sound strange, but it is YUMMY!
Wonderful recipe! I grew up with my mother making this for family get togethers. She didn't add marshmellows, but added coconut instead. She, also added grapes. I have made this for Church functions and it never lasts long. I have added chopped nuts in the past and it puts a new spin on things.