Recipe by Irmgard
I am posting this recipe in response to another member's search for a yummy dessert made with rice, fruit and whipped cream. A good use for leftover cooked rice.
Top Review by rms-125
My mom use to make a similar glorified rice that I loved as a child but she always mixed in strawberry/banana jell-o,no cherries and not always but sometimes the mini marshmallows,otherwise the same..rice, pineapple,whipping cream(the real stuff) I could never get enough of it,so glad this recipe in one version or another is still living on,YUMMO!
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup miniature marshmallow
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped