Recipe by Bec
This recipe was submitted by Alice Hunt for the Bricelyn Women of E.L.C.A Cookbook printed June 1993. Bricelyn, Minnesota is a little town where my dad grew up.
Top Review by askinnycook
My husband has been talking about something like this for 34 years. No matter what I tried, it was never the way he remembered it, until this recipe. Sheer perfection, according to him, and I thoght it was pretty tasty myself. A nice light treat to end a heavier meal.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple (in juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice with the salt until well done, according to package directions.
- Rinse and drain well; cool.
- Make lemon jello, using only 1 cup water.
- Drain pineapple and add enough water to make a second cup of liquid.
- Cool until jello is almost set.
- Whip cream, adding the 1 cup sugar; fold into rice mixture.
- Beat the jello and fold that also, into rice and cream mixture.
- Add crushed pineapple and let cool until set.