Recipe by Kim1
This is so good and easy to make.
Top Review by grammyof3
Ugh! Too rich and way too thick! My initial reaction to this recipe was to toss it into the trash and give it no stars. But, I had promised to take it to a July 4th Pool Party. Much to my surprise, FIVE people liked this dish so much that they insisted that I email them the website for the recipe. I too found that the baking time was at least 30 minutes longer than recommended. Perhaps the hash browns were meant to be defrosted before adding them to the sauce? I'll never make it again, but my friends may and would give 5 stars if they were to rate this dish. Vive la difference...
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 (8 ounce) cartonsspreadable chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash browns
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Microwave safe bowl combine the soup and cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until cream cheese is melted,stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and stir until coated.
- Spoon into a greased 13*9*2 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.