Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe looks so easy. A friend of mine shared it with me and I thought it's coming to that time of year when people eat soups. Think about the guys going deer hunting - this would be something they could put in the crock pot and it would be done when they get back from their deer stands.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 15 1⁄4 ounces black beans
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces salsa (you choose the heat)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- taco chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded (optional)
- Brown beef with onion. Drain. Add corn and black beans (with juices). Add tomatoes, salsa and taco seasoning. Simmer until hot or cook in crock pot on medium for 4 hours.
- Garnish, if desired, with optional items.