Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is wonderful. Serve with and Italian salad, breadsticks and a nice white wine.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
- Cook Ziti as directed on package.
- In a skillet, sauté the garlic, bell pepper, and onion in olive oil until they wilt.
- Coarsely chop 1 pound of the shrimp. Leave the other half whole.
- Add the butter, reduce heat to low and add shrimp. Gradually add the oregano, fennel seeds, salt and pepper, and heavy cream.
- Simmer the sauce for exactly 4 minutes on low, just to a slow bubble. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the spaghetti; drain well and place in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour the shrimp sauce over, add the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and mix everything together. Sprinkle the chopped olives on top of the pasta.
- Place in the oven at 275F and heat to piping hot.