Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious Italian dish put together by my sister Gloria.
- 1 lb bulk italian sweet sausage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 14 ounces asparagus
- 1 whole zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon small basil leaves
- grated parmesan cheese
- Put ¾ cup olive oil into a skillet.
- put in 3 chopped up garlic cloves.
- add basil leaves.
- add all vegetables except asparagus and cook until semi-soft.
- cook for approximately one minute.
- cook italian sweet sausage in a separate skillet and drain.
- add meat to original skillet and add marsala wine.
- cook approximately one minute.
- add tomato sauce and asparagus and cook for one minute.
- cook penne noodles with two teaspoons of olive oil.
- serve over the penne noodles and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.