Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
My husband loves bread pudding. I tried, combined, and added to several recipes and came up with my own version just for him. He loves it so much he wants it on his birthday instead of a cake. I use homemade bread but French bread works well too.
- 1 lb loaf homemade bread or 1 lb loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, soaked overnight in
- Cube the bread in about 5/8 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, milk, half and half, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugars, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour over cubed bread and let soak at least an hour.
- Add raisins with bourbon
- Pour mixture into 7 x 11 inch casserole dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until puffed and golden brown. Top with whiskey sauce. Recipe follows.