Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Gloria Pitzer is known for copying famous foods, but making them healthy at the same time. "I take the junk out of junk food," says Pitzer. "You know what goes into my recipes." Gloria is careful to point out that she doesn't actually know what the big chains put in their food. "I don't try to dissect the foods and figure out the chemical ingredients," she says. "I never, ever try to steal anyone's secret corporate recipe. I just do my best to duplicate the taste." Enjoy!
- 4 cups clam juice
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, chop fine
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 10 ounces clams, minced well
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes, crumbled
- 2 potatoes, baked, peeled and chopped
- In blender put clam juice, milk powder and flour, blending until smooth.
- Pour into 2-1/2 qt saucepan and stir in chicken broth, stirring constantly on medium-high heat until thick and smooth. Turn heat to low.
- Stir in celery, onions, clams, parsley and potatoes. Keep on low heat up to an hour and season with salt and pepper. Freezes well.