Recipe by Hag chef
I've been making variations of this recipe for years. My family loves it! One of my favourite comfort foods. This is a quick and easy version, and cooks in one pot. Less mess to clean up.
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 30 ounces beef broth, low sodium (1 box)
- 12 ounces egg noodles (1 bag)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef, over medium to medium high heat, in a large frying pan, or stock pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped onion, sliced mushrooms and chopped peppers. Cook until the onion is soft, and translucent, and the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add the beef broth, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil. Add the noodles, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 9-10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes, until the noodles are cooked.
- Add the mushroom soup and parsley, stir until it's all mixed in and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve with sour cream.