I found this in Family Circle and it is a bit like the German Gluehwein, but still stands on it's own. The candid orange peel, raisins and almonds make the difference. We had it during last Xmas and it has risen to the top 10 of alcoholic hot beverages. Try to get the high end, slightly bitter orange peel, not the cheap chopped up stuff from the supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non aluminum mid-size sauce pan, heat water and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- 2Tie all spices and the peel into a small piece of cheesecloth for easy removal.
- 3Add the spices and peel and wine to the sauce pan and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- 4To serve: Stand one spoon in each glass, evenly divide gogli into each glass.
- 5Add a few raisins and almonds in each, or serve separately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glogi ( Finnish Mulled Wine)
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: