Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this in Family Circle and it is a bit like the German Gluehwein, but still stands on it's own. The candid orange peel, raisins and almonds make the difference. We had it during last Xmas and it has risen to the top 10 of alcoholic hot beverages. Try to get the high end, slightly bitter orange peel, not the cheap chopped up stuff from the supermarket.
- In a non aluminum mid-size sauce pan, heat water and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Tie all spices and the peel into a small piece of cheesecloth for easy removal.
- Add the spices and peel and wine to the sauce pan and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- To serve: Stand one spoon in each glass, evenly divide gogli into each glass.
- Add a few raisins and almonds in each, or serve separately.