Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an interesting recipe for an egg nog punch that came in my very first recipe box...over 20 years ago...yikes!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Beat eggs on low speed till blended.
- Add sugar and spices.
- Beat at medium speed till sugar is dissolved.
- On low speed beat in softened ice cream.
- Add the juices and cover and chill.
- To serve, pour the ice cream mixture into a large punch bowl.
- Slowly pour in ginger ale, stirring with an up and down motion.
- Add an ice ring or ice cubes, if desired.
- Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg and add a cinnamon stick stirrer.
I love this stuff! I make it every year for the holidays - the only change I make is that sometimes I add a pint of Bailey's Irish Cream to it. And for the ice ring, I usually freeze some orange sections into it.