Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best way to get into the holiday spirit... And it makes your home smell absolutely amazing!
Make and share this Glogg (Aka Vin Chaud, Gluwein, Mulled Wine) recipe from Food.com.
- combine cloves, allspice berries, and hulled cardamom pods. crush lightly with mortar and pestle or with plastic baggie and something heavy.
- combine sugar and water over medium-low heat in a sauce pan to make a simple syrup.
- add bruised spices and cinnamon sticks and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- add orange zest and juice and simmer for another 5 minutes (your house will begin to smell AMAZING!).
- transfer syrup mixture into a pot large enough to hold wine and kirschwasser.
- add wine, raisins, and kirschwasser to syrup mixture.
- warm slowly over low heat.
- be careful if you're standing over this while it warms- the vapor rising off contains ethanol and can make you tipsy.