Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Spicy fruit drink from Sweden. Recipe from Betty C.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This was the 2nd of two beverages I made for a park-wide gathering & it was a sloshing big-hit! I'm not much on alcohol, but I did enjoy putting this one together, especially with the fruit & nuts! I now have this recipe tucked away in my 'Yuletide or Whatever Holiday Cookbook'! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my group mates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #31]
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece gingerroot, 1/4-inch long, if desired
- 1 cup water
- 5 blanched almonds, whole and cut lengthwise in half
- 7⁄8 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup prune, pitted large
- 1⁄2 orange, cut in half
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 7⁄8 cup brandy
- 2⁄3 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Tie cloves, cardamom pods and seeds, cinnamon, and gingerroot in cheesecloth bag.
- Heat spice bag, water, almonds, raisins, prunes, and orange to boiling in a 4 quart Dutch oven, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove spice bag, prunes and orange.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and heat over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble.
- Ladle almond half and a few raisins into each cup before filling with hot glogg.