Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a special salad you would be proud to serve to company or delighted to bring to work for lunch. Don't leave out the blue cheese, it really ties all the flavors together and it is just not the same without it. From Self magazine
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 Anjou pear
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 -4 tablespoons blue cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sriracha sauce (Thai hot sauce)
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F Mix walnuts and honey in a shallow baking dish. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove; set aside.
- Cut pear into thin slices.
- Combine nuts, pear, lettuce and cheese in a bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in another bowl.
- Divide salad between 2 serving bowls; drizzle each with 2 tablespoon of the dressing.
this is an amazing side for any dinner...its on rotation in my dinner planning!! one side note, i do not care for blue cheese (neither does my boyfriend or my dad) so i substitute goat cheese instead of blue cheese and its heavenly!!! i also cut the pear into little chunks instead of long slices but that doesnt matter =) i will continue to make this again and again.. its even better for lunch the next day =)