Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my favorite along with my family. It's fast and easy and elegant. If you like more sauce, you can melt some and pour it over before you serve it. If you have more people just add more shrimps. It goes a long way as dinner or appetizer.
- 1 lb large scallop, cut in half
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned,deveined,and butterflied
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 onions, chopped fine or 3 shallots, chopped fine for a milder flavor or 3 green onions, your preference
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I prefer tabasco)
- salt and pepper
- In a 13x9 inch buttered pan, layer your scallops from the outer edges toward center in a circular setting.
- Then in the center and in between the scallops lay your shrimp.
- (I have used frozen shrimp in a pinch) Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread over the scallops and shrimp.
- Place under the broiler for 5-8 min.
- Keep checking so that don't overcook.
This was just OK for us. My shrimp and scallop loving kids would not eat it for some reason and my hubby only ate a little. I guess it just is not for our family.
Wonderfull recipe, very rich and would make a great company dish!! There were only two of us so I just made half a recipe, it worked out great. DH figured it must be a special occasion, we enjoyed it very much. Nice combination of tastes in the topping. This one will go in my hard copy for special occasions. Thanks for posting.