Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this so many times I can't even remember where it came from anymore, so it began taking on a name of it's own. Now I just call it this. Whatever you want to call it this dessert is wonderful, beautiful, and so easy your 5 year old can make it--and NO BAKING. A party favorite for years.
- Starting with wax paper approximately 12 inches long--lay it flat on the table.
- Take one wafer, and spread one side with apple butter, spread the next wafer, put the spread side onto the unspread and so forth--a sandwich effect that will produce two rolls by the time you are done.
- After each roll is done, roll up the wax paper closing on the ends.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or longer.
- When you are ready, take out the rolls and begin spreading the Cool Whip on them one side at a time.
- Sprinkle the nuts on the wax paper and as you finish a side, roll the finished side into the nuts, until the entire roll is finished.
- Close again with the wax paper, careful do not press close.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or more--I usually make it overnight.
- Carefully, unwrap and slice the roll on an angle and serve.
- It makes a beautiful dessert that is so very simple, yet so elegant.
- The taste--you have to try for yourself.