Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this so many times I can't even remember where it came from anymore, so it began taking on a name of it's own. Now I just call it this. Whatever you want to call it this dessert is wonderful, beautiful, and so easy your 5 year old can make it--and NO BAKING. A party favorite for years.
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 1 (9 ounce) jar apple butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (lite if you like) or 1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Starting with wax paper approximately 12 inches long--lay it flat on the table.
- Take one wafer, and spread one side with apple butter, spread the next wafer, put the spread side onto the unspread and so forth--a sandwich effect that will produce two rolls by the time you are done.
- After each roll is done, roll up the wax paper closing on the ends.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or longer.
- When you are ready, take out the rolls and begin spreading the Cool Whip on them one side at a time.
- Sprinkle the nuts on the wax paper and as you finish a side, roll the finished side into the nuts, until the entire roll is finished.
- Close again with the wax paper, careful do not press close.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or more--I usually make it overnight.
- Carefully, unwrap and slice the roll on an angle and serve.
- It makes a beautiful dessert that is so very simple, yet so elegant.
- The taste--you have to try for yourself.
This tastes like an apple cinnamon cake !! It looks great when sliced on an angle and is a very easy quick no-bake dessert . I did not roll mine in the pecans so , it was a little messy but , it was still yummy !
Oh this is soooo good. I was going to use pecans but noticed that I already had some black walnuts chopped so I used those. The black walnut/homemade apple butter combination is awesome. I think that I'll always use the black walnuts in this. Great easy make ahead dessert. So simple but looks so nice. Thanks!
I made this to celebrate Glitter's Chef of the day! A light, but tastey, treat. The vanilla wafers blended with the applebutter to taste similar to apple pie. The nuts and cool whip made it extra special. My husband did let everyone have one piece before he took the rest to his "cave." I knew I should have doubled the recipe. Thanks glitter!