Recipe by Annacia
This is fancy dress popcorn. Think Christmas and New Years party. One of the ingredients to make this so special is edible gold powder (optional), however the Zaar puter will not allow it. It's included in the directions though.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This came out very nice. I made half a batch, because my bag of micro popcorn only yielded 6 cups of popcorn. I used red, green & gold edible glitter because I made this for a holiday cookie swap. The final product is very pretty and tasty, too. The white chocolate did take some of the crunch out of the popcorn and that's really the only thing I don't like about this recipe. (I did taste it while it was still a little warm and was not thrilled with the taste...the white chocolate overpowered it. Be sure to wait until it's completely cool and dry to taste it. The flavors come together great.) Thanks for posting!
- 10 -12 cups popped popcorn, popped (Blast O Butter Microwav )
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (12 ounce) packagewhite vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Open bag carefully and pour into large bowl; discard unpopped kernels.
- Add nuts and cranberries to bowl with popcorn; stir well.
- In microwave oven or double boiler melt chips according to package directions.
- Pour over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Spread onto large rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with cinnamon, stirring to distribute evenly.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with gold powder if desired.
- Store tightly covered.
- Serve in martini glass for unique presentation.