Recipe by karadale
This dish can be prepared quickly. Any leftovers are just as delicious the next day.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this for my DS as a take-home meal and it was thoroughly enjoyed, I also added in half bottle of extra spicy salsa to the rice mixture and 1 jalapeno pepper and omitted the cayenne pepper, I used uncooked instant Minute Rice which worked well, also did a few other amount adjustments, thanks for sharing Glen!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoons of salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and shake until well coated.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in butter over med. heat. Remove chicken and set aside. Keep warm.
- In the pan drippings, saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add pimientos and rice. Reduce heat, cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth, paprika and cayenne and remaining salt. Bring to a boil.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish; top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1hour or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. ENJOY!