1/2 Photos of Glen's Creamy Cake Filling (Mock Cream)
This is a really nice filling sandwiched between tiny meringues for serving with coffee or for piping onto cakes. It should be completely smooth with all grains of sugar completely dissolved. To make chocolate filling add 1-2 tablespoons cocoa with the icing sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve icing sugar with very little boiling water, only enough to make it just slide into butter but not be watery.
- 2Beat butter until soft and creamy, then add icing sugar, a little at a time and beat until white and creamy - taste before all the icing sugar has been added to see if it is sweet enough, only add the rest if it is needed.
- 3Add 1 tbs of boiling water, beat again, then add 1 tbs cold water.
- 4Continue beating until smooth, keep adding alternately a little boiling water then cold water until sugary taste has gone.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glen's Creamy Cake Filling (Mock Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1163.9
- Calories from Fat 828
- Total Fat 92.0 g
- Saturated Fat 58.3 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 815.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 88.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g