Recipe by Amy Martin
This recipe is from Taste of Home Feb/March 2004. I like it because it is a hearty/sweet winter vegetable side dish. Very tasty.
Top Review by martjc
Just had this as part of our Christmas dinner. Everyone thought it was deliscious. I think it tast good with turnips instead of the potatoes. We actually did all the prep work last night then made the glaze today and then cooked the vegetables
- 4 sweet potatoes, large,peeled,halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 acorn squash, medium peeled,seeded and cubed
- 2 potatoes, russet,peeled,halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inchslices
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide vegetables among four greased 13x9" baking pans.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, water, butter, molasses, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Stir vegetables.
- Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.