Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love beets, and this is a really quick and easy way to prepare beets a little differently.
- 3 (15 ounce) cansof whole canned beets
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Drain beets, reserving 2/3 cup juice. In a large skillet, combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in vinegar and reserved beet juice until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beets; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Great for the holidays. This is my favorite beet dish now!
EXCELLENT recipe! I am a beet lover too, along with DH! We enjoyed this recipe although we normally like to have them sliced. The 'sauce' coated the beets well and made a very pretty side dish. I recomment this recipe for a potluck relish dish! Easy to prepare. Prepared as a participant in the April 2009 Aus/NZ #27 Swap Event.