Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy salad to make using packaged (or homemade) glazed walnuts, fresh apples and salad greens, and Danish blue cheese. We especially love this salad drizzled with a nice creamy raspberry vinaigrette (such as Ghirard's brand dressing), but a Balsamic Fig dressing is also very nice. Enjoy! Recipe taken from Diamond Nut Toppings package (but I added a few things such as the craisins and coconut).
- 6 cups baby greens, washed and dried
- 1 large apple, cored and cubed (Fuji or Braeburn work well)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese (can substitute gorgonzola, goat cheese, or any other tangy soft cheese)
- 3⁄4 cup glazed walnuts (such as Diamond Nut Toppings Glazed Walnuts)
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Add greens to bowl, top with apples and cheese and sprinkle with Glazed Walnuts.
- Add the optional craisins and shredded coconut.
- Drizzle with salad dressing, toss and serve immediately.