- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil, such as olive oil or 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and julienned
- lemon, zest of, if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, soy sauce, water and cornstarch, and set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat in large, non-stick skillet.
- Add broccoli and red pepper, stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add jicama, and continue to cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Pour liquid mixture over vegetables and cook until thickened.
- Thoroughly coat vegetables with glaze, garnish with additional lemon zest and serve.