Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not all people like turnips. For those who do this is a nice change from the turnip and carrot dishes that seem to be the standard way of serving turnip.
- 2 lbs turnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Blanch turnips in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry and saute in hot oil for 3 minutes to brown lightly.
- Add bouillon to barely cover.
- Add butter and sugar.
- Boil 20 to 30 minutes until turnips are tender.
- Uncover and boil liquid to reduce to a thick syrup.
- Coat turnip with glaze and arrange around a roast or in a dish.
- Add parsley.