Posting this for ZWT 2006 (Asian Region) I can't wait to try this one myself. A hearty sandwich with the flavors of Chicken Teriyaki... YUM!!
- 1⁄4 honey dijon mustard (or 1 tablespoon honey, mixed with enough dijon mustard to equal 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red peppers or 1 cup yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage or 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Combine mustard, teriyaki sauce, sugar,ginger and vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over high heat; stir fry chicken about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add vegetables (except cabbage or lettuce) and stir fry about 2 minutes longer or until just barely tender; pour sauce over stir fry and cook one minute.
- Arrange lettuce on rolls and top with stir fry mixture; serve warm.
Good sandwich to make in a pinch. Next time I would double the sauce ingredients. I used red bell pepper, and added the chopped tomatoes to the sandwich, rather than cooking them. I also added some more mustard and teriyaki to the bread as a spread.