Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious side dish. The rosemary is perfect with it. This can easily be expanded or decreased depnding on how many are eating. Easy to prepare and very tasty
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small saucepan combine chicken stock, maple syrup and cider vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 10 - 15 minutes until mixture is reduced by half.
- In a large oven proof skillet cook bacon till crisp.
- Drain and crumble.
- Drain off all but 1 tbsp of bacon fat and add onion to pan.
- Cook till quite soft but not brown.
- Put a layer of potato in pan.
- Sprinkle with some of the bacon, onion, rosemary and pepper.
- Drizzle with a little of the liquid.
- Continue layering until the ingredients are all used.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Baste with juices from time to time.