Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
No marshmallows in this recipe! From a community cookbook that I have had in my Thanksgiving recipe file until now. I'm not sure how long this will take to glaze in the oven since I haven't made it-so watch carefully.
- 4 oranges, halved, reserve juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine, semi-sweet
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Remove pulp from oranges, saving the juice.
- With an electric mixer, beat the potatoes with the butter, orange juice to moisten, and salt, to taste.
- Once the potatoes get fluffy, add the sherry.
- Fill the orange cups with the mixture and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, or to taste,.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until lightly glazed.