- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice peeled sweet potatoes into rounds.
- Place in a saucepan with a little boiling water to just cover.
- Simmer until tender about 30 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Place slices in an oven-proof dish.
- Add bits of butter, sugar, grated orange peel and juice.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and add cinnamon sticks.
- Bake at 200°C for a further 20 minutes.
- Excellent served with roast chicken or a wintry pot roast.