Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A really versatile side dish
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Slice peeled sweet potatoes into rounds.
- Place in a saucepan with a little boiling water to just cover.
- Simmer until tender about 30 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Place slices in an oven-proof dish.
- Add bits of butter, sugar, grated orange peel and juice.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and add cinnamon sticks.
- Bake at 200°C for a further 20 minutes.
- Excellent served with roast chicken or a wintry pot roast.
I liked this, but my children didn't. I think it may have been better with more of the glaze and if the glaze had been blended together before adding to the potatoes.