Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Pillsbury Bake-Off 1994. These sound like a wonderful fall treat.
Make and share this Glazed Sweet Potato Mini-Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely grated peeled dark-orange sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 3⁄4-1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest, if desired
- 1 orange, sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt mini-muffin cups. In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 T. orange peel, cinnamon, applesauce, oil, water, 1/2 t. maple flavor and eggs. Beat at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in sweet potatoes and 1 cup of pecans.
- Fil greased Bundt cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pans. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in brown sugar. Add sour cream, stirring constantly until mixture is hot and brown sugar is dissolved. DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in 1/8 t. maple flavor and enough powdered sugar for desired drizzling consistency; beat until smooth. Drizzle over warm cakes; sprinkle with desired amount of pecans and orange peel. Garnish serving plate with orange slices.