Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cherries are so great. I got the recipe from one of my grandfather's old war buddies at the VFW. When I was little, this gentleman tended the bar at the VFW and always put 2 of these cherries in my 7 up. It always made me feel special. These cherries are wonderful dunked in any drink and make a wonderful garnish for ham dinners.
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 40 red maraschino cherries, stems on well drained and dried
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until mixture "spins" a 1/4 inch thread.
- Add cherry syrup and continue cooking until mixture once again spins a 1/4 inch thread.
- Dip cherries in hot glaze one at a time and place on wax paper to cool.