Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Food Network Magazine The Chocolate Issue 2012
- 3⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed of their strings
- 2 medium sized turnips, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Bring a medium sized pot to a boil and add salt.
- Cook peas for 3 minutes.
- Add turnips and continue cooking another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium sized pan, over medium heat, saute the shallots in oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add drained vegetables along with the sugar and stir until glazed.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve immediately.
I loved this combination! I couldn't find fresh sugar snap peas, so had to use frozen. So I cooked my turnips before my sugar snap peas. Then sauteed in olive oil and garlic with shallots. Delicious!
Loved this! Using Garden grown shallot, snap peas, and turnips. The onlt change I did was use 1 tablespoon olive oil to saute the shallots and garlic in. Which is not listed in the ingredients. Thanks!