Recipe by Lori Mama
Adapted from Food Network Magazine The Chocolate Issue 2012
Top Review by breezermom
I loved this combination! I couldn't find fresh sugar snap peas, so had to use frozen. So I cooked my turnips before my sugar snap peas. Then sauteed in olive oil and garlic with shallots. Delicious!
- 3⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed of their strings
- 2 medium sized turnips, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium sized pot to a boil and add salt.
- Cook peas for 3 minutes.
- Add turnips and continue cooking another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium sized pan, over medium heat, saute the shallots in oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add drained vegetables along with the sugar and stir until glazed.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve immediately.