Prep 15 mins
Cook 47 mins
Look for good color in the squash. There should be an orange blush within the dark green areas. The skin should be dull, not shiny. Avoid those with bruises, cracks or dents. Do not refrigerate whole acorn squash. Points 3.
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds.
- Bake cut side down for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn over.
- Spread with butter, drizzle with syrup.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.