Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Stuffed with fresh spinach and artichoke hearts, these pork slices look fancy enough for guests. A sweet-sour sauce enhances this elegant dish.
- 2 cups torn fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry-apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the spinach in water over medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes or until wilted; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary; set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down center of tenderloin to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten pork to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic. Sprinkle meat with 12 tsp salt; top with spinach mixture.
- Close meat; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour sauce over the meat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks.
- Tip: Start making the sauce while you are stuffing the pork tenderloin. If the sauce is done simmering before the pork is ready to be glazed, just set it aside until it's needed.