Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe starts with a yellow cake mix that is enhanced with French vanilla pudding mix, sour cream and applesauce. Throw in some chopped raisins and spices and you have a delicious and easy bundt cake that your family will love.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon hot milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix together all ingredients in large mixer bowl.
- Beat 4 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and cool on wire rack.
- Mix together milk and powdered sugar and drizzle over cake.
This cake has a beautiful texture to it, but the flavoring is SO subtle you might miss it if you were not thinking about it. I used a macintosh apple applesauce which is even more robust in flavor than normal and still could barely taste it! It is easy to put togetherand cooks up beautifully, but I think I would up the spices a tad next time and just call it a sour cream spice cake as you really cannot taste apple in it.