Recipe by Cher Jewhurst
This is a very flavorful glaze for steaks that I use all the time. It only takes a few minutes to prepare I serve with corn on the cob, fresh crusty bread, bites of cheese, olives, horseradish and steak sauce. Yummy!!
- 2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut about 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pure honey
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix salt and cracked black pepper; then press mixture into both sides of the New York sirloin steaks.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place the steaks on grill grid. Cook covered 5 to 7 minutes per side. Turn with tongs to retain juiciness.
- While the steaks are grilling, combine honey, maple syrup, apple cider and pepper in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. During last 5 minutes of grilling the steaks, brush glaze over top and sides of steak.
- Remove the steaks from grill when an internal temperature has reached 140F for medium rare or 145F for medium doneness.