Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 center-cut pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper over both sides of the pork.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and cook 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add 1/4 teaspoons salt, broth and remaining ingredients; cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Uncover, simmer an additional 20 minutes or until tender. Serve pork with the sauce.
Followed this exactly. Flavor - great. Sauce -thin. I removed the chops from the pan and reduced the sauce to a thicker consistency. The cook time of 40 minutes was too long; even though I had very thick center cut chops (2") they came out dry. We liked the flavor and ingredients of the sauce, and it was wonderful spooned over slices of the meat. I would not cook these chops quite as long next time. Still made for a tasty dinner!