Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious Sea Scallop Recipe with Rainbow Peppers and Spinach. Reduce the Chili Flakes to just a pinch if you want to reduce the heat. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 680.38 g large scallops
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2.46 ml hot red chili pepper flakes
- 1656.13 ml Baby Spinach
- Core and seed peppers. Slice into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch with soy sauce until cornstarch dissolves. Stir in sugar and sesame oil.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add scallops and stir-fry until golden brown on both sides, from 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add peppers, vinegar, garlic, ginger and chili flakes to pan. Stir-fry until peppers are tender-crisp, from 2 to 3 minutes. Return scallops and any accumulated juice to pan. Stir soy mixture, then pour into pan. Stir constantly until liquid reduces to a glaze, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach just until wilted, about 1 minute.