Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
This is a delicious Sea Scallop Recipe with Rainbow Peppers and Spinach. Reduce the Chili Flakes to just a pinch if you want to reduce the heat. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large scallops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red chili pepper flakes
- 7 cups Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and seed peppers. Slice into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch with soy sauce until cornstarch dissolves. Stir in sugar and sesame oil.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add scallops and stir-fry until golden brown on both sides, from 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add peppers, vinegar, garlic, ginger and chili flakes to pan. Stir-fry until peppers are tender-crisp, from 2 to 3 minutes. Return scallops and any accumulated juice to pan. Stir soy mixture, then pour into pan. Stir constantly until liquid reduces to a glaze, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach just until wilted, about 1 minute.