Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tender scallops are nestled in a a sauce of sweet and tart pomegranate juice, rosemary and golden-brown nutty almonds. Serve the sauce with steamed green beans and rice or couscous on the side.
- 3⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large scallops
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- steamed green beans (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk togethr pomegranate juice, sugar, lime juice, cornstarch and rosemary. Set aside.
- Place almonds in a medium dry saucepan and set pan over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes until almonds are golden brown, shaking pan frequently to prevent burning.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the almonds for garnish. Add pomegranate mixture to the remaining almonds and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-12 minutes until sauce thickens and reduces to 1/2 -1/3 cup . Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of scallops with salt and black pepper and add to hot pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown on the outside and opaque/cooked through on the inside.
- Spoon sauce on a plate and arrange scallops on top.
- Garnish with reserved almonds and serve with steamed green beans, if desired.